INTERN WITH US
Conservation Alabama is seeking a talented and self-motivated intern to assist the Executive Director and Development Director in connecting with donors who are passionate about protecting the people and places they love in Alabama.
Conservation Alabama is the only full-time environmental lobbyist in the state. Founded in 1999, we have stopped 95% of the legislation that would harm Alabama’s natural resources and the people who enjoy them. Conservation Alabama is a nonpartisan political non-profit organization that operates across the state. We help connect voters to the information they need to elect conservation champions to state offices, and we hold elected officials accountable for the decisions they make.
Our sister organization, Conservation Alabama Foundation, builds the ability of Alabama’s citizens to promote conservation through government and civic action. We provide the tools necessary for citizens to follow conservation issues in our state and communicate with elected officials about the issues that are most important to them.
The offices of Conservation Alabama and Conservation Alabama Foundation are located in Mobile and Montgomery.
- Assist with operational functions, including database maintenance
- Research major donors and prospective donors
- Assist in the coordination and execution of events
- Assist in member stewardship, including phone calls
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program
- Willingness to learn about all facets of non-profit management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- General understanding of environmental issues and Alabama politics
- Commitment to the mission of Conservation Alabama
A small stipend will be provided, in addition to course credit as permitted by the university.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Stefanie Francisco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conservation Alabama is an equal opportunity employer.